Joliet Township Government implemented a mosquito control program many years ago. The Township, in conjunction with the Village of Rockdale, has a contract with Clarke Environmental Mosquito Control to provide scheduled applications of safe and effective mosquito control for the comfort and health of our residents. With the outbreak and spread of the West Nile Virus and the Zika Virus, we believe it is even more imperative to provide the necessary control of the mosquito population in Joliet Township. To obtain information regarding the mosquito control application, such as dates of applications or to report excessive mosquito problems, please contact the Clarke Environmental Mosquito Management Company hotline toll free at (800) 942-2555.
In conjunction with the Township’s efforts to control mosquitoes, you as a resident can help as well.
Follow Clarke’s Yard and Home Checklist:
- Get rid of old tires, tin cans, buckets, drums, bottles, or any water holding containers.
- Fill in or drain any low places (puddles, ruts in yard).
- Clean gutters periodically.
- Keep drains, ditches and culverts clean of weeds and trash so water will drain properly.
- Cover trash containers to keep out rain water.
- Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets.
- Empty plastic wading pools at least once a week & store them indoors when not in use.
- Make sure your backyard pool is properly cared for while on vacation.
- Fill in tree rot holes and hollow stumps that hold water with sand or concrete.
- Change the water in bird baths and plant pots or drip trays at least once a week.
- Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well trimmed around the house so adult mosquitoes will not hide there.